The very snowy view from my office window this morning. I'm staying inside today! But the toboggan is coming out tomorrow!
- I love today's bread recipe, Laura Calder's oatmeal brown bread from Dinner Chez Moi. It's almost the same as her friend Bridget's recipe, but with only 1/2 cup molasses, and a half-half split between white and whole-wheat flour. A Canadian classic, and perfect with homemade baked beans and a crisp salad.
- Dinner tonight: homemade Ethiopian food via Saveur: misir wot (lentil stew), ye'abesha gomen (spiced collard greens), and injera (teff crepes). Easy, exotic, and incredibly delicious.
- This chocolate cake recipe is a classic for a reason, but I love the story that accompanies it even more.
- Bianca sauce, fresh mozzarella, oven-roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted mushrooms, gorgonzola cheese, dates, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey: the Cavoletti pizza from Famoso sounds a bit over-the-top, but it's currently my favourite thing ever.
- How did I ever live without gel floor mats in the kitchen? I just got these.
- Ten recipes to ring in Sunday's Lunar New Year